General Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions ("Terms of Service", "Conditions") carefully before using the ISW Services operated by ISW Leuven ("we", "our", "ISW").
Conditions of use
We will provide their services to you, which are subject to the conditions set out in this document. Whenever you visit this website, or make use of other ISW services, you accept the following conditions.
These Terms of Service and any dispute or claim arising out of, or related to them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Kingdom of Belgium without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms of Service or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the courts of the Kingdom of Belgium.
You may not access or use our services for any purpose other than that for which we make the service(s) available. Our services may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation or database without written permission from us.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of our services, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of our services and/or the content contained therein.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of our services designed to prevent or restrict access, or any portion of our services.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, malware, ransomware, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of our services or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of our services.
- Promote or display animal cruelty/child abuse.
- Anything that is homophobic or racist.
- Anything that is deemed illegal by Belgian Law.
- Anything that negatively impacts other users or our services.
In case of violation, ISW Leuven will report the violator to the school administration of UC Leuven-Limburg and/or KU Leuven. Any illegal activities will also be reported to the police.
If you are the owner of an account on this website, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal user data (user name and password). You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password. ISW has the right to block, delete or modify any account.
The marketplace is a service offered by ISW so that students can easily buy and sell second-hand books and/or materials. By using the marketplace you agree to the additional rules below.
- Only sell items that you bought for school. (No selling of laptops, ...)
- Provide correct information and add photos of the state.
- Do not sell outdated materials, unless authorized by the teacher.
- If your item is sold, remove it from the site as soon as possible.
- Teachers/lecturers may contact you and ask you to remove your item if they feel it is no longer up to date.
- ISW and certain teachers/lecturers have administrative rights on the marketplace and can edit or delete your items.
- It is your responsibility to buy correct study materials. ISW is not responsible for any mis-purchases
Changes to this document
ISW is not obliged to inform you of any changes to this document.